At Read to Them, we believe in the transformative power of reading aloud to children. However, we understand that hosting a school, district, or even state-wide reading event can seem daunting. That’s why our school reading programs are ready-made, flexible, and crafted with educators in mind.
Whether you’re a new or returning school, laying the foundations for your educational reading program is essential. Follow these three steps as you prepare to join our community of readers:
Explore the 150+ available titles in our catalog.
Request a quote
Select up to three titles and request a quote. You’ll hear back from us with pricing information, program information, and more.
Launch Your READING Program
Now that you’ve selected your program and title, it’s time to prepare for your school reading program. Below are three vital steps to preparing a successful literacy program:
To view your school reading program resources, use your unique login credentials to access the Client Portal.
Receive your books
Once your books have arrived, please count them to ensure you have the proper number. Doing this as soon as possible will give us time to solve any unanticipated issues.
Launch your program
Kickoff your read by distributing books to your students, sharing classroom materials electronically with your teachers, and sending home family materials following your program launch.
Eager to dive in? Take a look at your next steps:
For a deeper understanding of our mission and the impact we could make in your school community, visit Our Work.
Choose your program
Read to Them has reading programs for individual schools, districts, and states. Discover the reading event that best fits your needs.
and Get a Quote
Check out the 150+ books available for your school reading program. Select up to three books to receive a quote.
Browse Resources & TOOLS
To view your school reading program resources, use your unique login credentials to access the Customer Portal. There you can view available tools, activities and active reading exercises.
Questions about our PROGRAMS?
Below, you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked most frequently about participating in a Read to Them program. If you need further information, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students read the book at home with their families while building the habit of reading aloud as a family. Students celebrate the book at school using engaging materials from Read to Them’s Book Resource Pages. This strategy builds a bridge between home and school and initiates conversations about the book in the cafeteria, on the playground, and at the dinner table. The program creates school-wide enthusiasm for literacy and increases family involvement. Families and classrooms will both ask: “What will next year’s book be?”
When you participate in a Read to Them program, you receive:
- One book per student and 5% more for your staff
- Access to the Book Resource Page for your title, which includes resources for every stage of your program
- Before You Read – Everything you need for your planning process. Resources to help launch your reading program, get the most out of the program, and increase your community awareness and involvement. You will also get an editable letter home to your families and reading schedules, and ideas for a rollicking kick-off assembly.
- While You Read: School Resources – Equip your teachers to engage students throughout the program. All titles come with trivia questions, discussion questions, and cross-curricular activities. Some titles also include vocabulary and electronic resources (Kahoot quizzes and a Flipgrid community).
- While You Read: Home Resources – Increase family engagement with your program. Support families with read-aloud tips and challenge them to complete a BINGO card with fun activities.
- After You Read – We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to let us know how your program went.
Depending on the length of your selected book, your reading event can be as short as 10 days (two school weeks) or as long as 20 days (four school weeks). Each book in our catalog comes with a reading schedule that can be edited to suit your needs.
Yes! Some schools read two or three books together in a year.