Read to Them offers a full suite of family literacy programs. Let us help you find the right one for your community of readers.
One School, One Book
With One School, One Book, individual schools are united by the excitement of delving into one book together.
One District, One Book
One District, One Book creates a shared reading program for elementary and/or middle schools across an entire school district. By following a common schedule across your district, every family reads the same book at the same time.
States Read One Book
By participating with a States Read program, schools across an entire state have the opportunity to come together to read one book at the same time. Currently, we have state-wide reading programs in Arkansas, Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, Texas, and Virginia.
Found Your SCHOOL READING Program?
Browse our titles, choose the ones you’re interested in, and submit a request for a quote. We’ll get back to you with pricing and program information.
Build your program
Discover which of our family literacy programs is the best fit for your school population. If you would like a digital copy of our Information brochure, please fill out the Get Information form.
Explore the 150+ available titles in our catalog
Request a Quote
Questions about our READING PROGRAMS?
Below, you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked most frequently about participating in a Read to Them family literacy program. If you don’t see your question or have something else you’d like to know, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Students read the book at home with their families while building the habit of reading aloud as a family. Students celebrate the book at school using engaging materials from Read to Them’s Book Resource Pages. This strategy builds a bridge between home and school and initiates conversations about the book in the cafeteria, on the playground, and at the dinner table. The program creates school-wide enthusiasm for literacy and increases family involvement. Families and classrooms will both ask: “What will next year’s book be?”
When you participate in a Read to Them program, you receive:
- One book per student and 5% more for your staff
- Access to the Book Resource Page for your title, which includes resources for every stage of your program
- Before You Read – Everything you need for your planning process. Resources to help launch your reading program, get the most out of the program, and increase your community awareness and involvement. You will also get an editable letter home to your families and reading schedules, and ideas for a rollicking kick-off assembly.
- While You Read: School Resources – Equip your teachers to engage students throughout the program. All titles come with trivia questions, discussion questions, and cross-curricular activities. Some titles also include vocabulary and electronic resources (Kahoot quizzes and a Flipgrid community).
- While You Read: Home Resources – Increase family engagement with your program. Support families with read-aloud tips and challenge them to complete a BINGO card with fun activities.
- After You Read – We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to let us know how your program went.
Read to Them programs fulfill the parental engagement requirement of Title I funding. We also have a Grant Writing toolkit available for client use.
Depending on the length of your selected book, your reading event can be as short as 10 days (two school weeks) or as long as 20 days (four school weeks). Each book in our catalog comes with a reading schedule that can be edited to suit your needs.
Yes! Some schools read two or three books together in a year.