If you’ve ever participated in one of our in-school reading programs, you know that our packet of included materials is comprehensive. With #OneBookConnects, it’s even bigger! When your school signs up, families will receive:
- Hard copies of books, if you are able to distribute them
- Live video recordings of each chapter read by Read to Them staff, available for you to follow along at home via @readtothem on Instagram and Facebook
- A Family Resources Packet that includes daily activities, STEM activities, trivia questions, and discussion questions
- Access to a nationwide contest “packet” that promotes fun, interactive learning and creativity both in the home and online through special activities and a points system
- A chance to win one of two grand prizes from our sponsors
- Support from Read to Them staff
We are so excited to have you join our community of readers.
To sign up your school, fill out our #OneBookConnects Interest Form, here. A Read to Them Program Coordinator will be in touch with you to discuss the program and answer any questions you may have.
If your school isn’t registered but your families would still like to participate, please still invite them to follow along!
We have materials on our Family Resources page for families not affiliated with a participating school.
Once your school is registered or you have decided to follow along as an independent family, use our provided videos, activities, trivia, and social media prompts to enrich your experience as you read together.
Visit the Family Resources page to access all of the fun things we have planned for you. Then, check out our nationwide contest to see how you could win one of our grand prizes! More contest information is also available below.
Don’t forget to meet your fellow readers!
We have set up a #OneBookConnects Facebook group designed to encourage sharing among participants as you read your #OneBookConnects title. If you have photos, videos, comments, or questions that you’d like to share with fellow readers, this is the place to do it! All Facebook group activities are monitored by Read to Them staff members. It’s a great chance to engage with us, too!
Participate in a nationwide contest while you read.
Contest-specific activities are included in our “Social Media Contest Packet,” that can be completed and turned in for points via a weekly submission form. At the end of #OneBookConnects, one school and one family with the most points will win a grand prize from our sponsors. Contest activities include a seek and find, coloring pages, games, and more. There might even be a few bonus activities thrown in – keep your eyes peeled!
Be sure to follow us @readtothem on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to have the greatest contest experience possible. (Hint, hint!)
See the Contest Page for everything you need to get started.