You’re already special and filled with great experiences. Your child needs you and wants to hear your stories and your words.
Words are Important.
- Children are curious and want to learn. They want to do well.
- Children learn through talking, doing, listening, and observing the world around them. Books, magazines, conversations, and use new words.
- Every kindergarten child begins the school year wanting to learn to read.
- Children need to hear and learn words from their family and community.
Did You Know?
- A parent is the most important person in a child's life.
- Young children learn more from their families than in their school.
- Children spend 900 hours in school vs. 7,800 in the home and community.
- All parents are natural teachers.
- Reading aloud to your children is the single most important thing you can do to help them succeed.
“He loves that reading has everything within his reach.”
– William Goodwin