- Daily Trivia Questions
- Answer Key to Daily Trivia Questions
- Trivia Quiz
- Answer Key to Trivia Quiz
- Suggested Activity
Answer Key to Trivia Quiz
1. Who wrote the poem, “the Red Wheelbarrow”?
A: William Carlos Williams
2. Who wrote the line:
“So much depends
a blue car
splattered with mud
speeding down the road.”
3. Who wrote the poem, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”?
A: Robert Frost
4. What does ‘anonymous’ mean?
A: When an author doesn’t want his or her identity known, he uses the term ‘anonymous’.
5. When Jack writes his first poem about his dog, Sky, he writes about his wagging tail and slobbering mouth. What does he imagine Sky is saying with his wagging tail and slobbering mouth?
A: “Thank you, for choosing me.”
6. Complete this line:
when you are trying
not to think about something
it keeps popping back
into your head
and you can’t help it
you think about it
think about it
think about it
until your brain
- Feels like what…?
A: Your brain feels like “a squashed pea.”
7. “Chasing, chasing, chasing; wag-wag-wagging; slob-slob-slobbering; and thud thud thud” – are all lines from what poem?
A: “My Sky”
8. What single adjective does Jack always use to describe his school?
9a. When Jack sees the bulletin board covered with poems on different coloured pieces of paper, he thinks (or describes) it as…what?
A: “blooming words”
9b. When he sees the bookshelf stuffed with books by Walter Dean Myers he thinks (or describes it) as…what?
A: “sprouting books”
10. Who does Jack describe as “smile-smile-smiling, all over the place”?
A: Mr. Walter Dean Myers
11. Jack writes that he “loves that dog like…?” Like what?
A: He loves that dog “like a bird loves to fly.”