- Sample Audio File
- Reading Schedule
- Frindle Script
- Daily Trivia Questions
- Trivia Contest
- Script Glossary
Daily Trivia Questions
11. (A toughie today, for a short chapter.) The headline in the Westfield Gazette said “Move Over, Mr. Webster.” Who is Mr. Webster?
A: Noah Webster wrote the first dictionary published in the United States, in 1806. If you have a “Webster’s Dictionary” in your classroom, it’s one of his. He also wrote 3 educational primers that most American children used to learn to read, write, and spell throughout the 1800s.
12. Apparently, frindle is not the first word to be made up on the spot as an experiment. What word was invented in Dublin, Ireland in 1791?
13. How do children spell pen on Mrs. Granger’s spelling tests?
14. How much does lunch cost at Nick’s elementary school?
15. What is Mrs. Granger’s first name?