Chapter 1: Before Breakfast
1. Who says, “A little girl is one thing. A runty little pig is another?”
A: Mr. Arable
2. What color is the little pig Mr. Arable brings in from the stable?
3. When Fern’s brother, Avery, arrives in the kitchen, he is “armed.” With what?
A: a hunting knife, and an air rifle
4. What does Fern incorrectly say is the capital of Pennsylvania?
Chapter 2: Wilbur
5. When Wilbur is little, what is his favorite thing?
A: a bottle from Fern
6. Wilbur likes to follow Fern around, but sometimes he gets tired. How does Fern move him along then?
A: she puts him in a baby carriage for dolls
7. What does Wilbur do while Fern and Avery are swimming in the brook?
A: he plays in the mud
8. How long does Wilbur get to live w/ Fern – before he goes to live at Zuckerman’s farm?
A: 5 weeks
Chapter 22: A Warm Wind
115. Avery thinks that coasting (sledding) is the most fun there is. What does Fern think is the most fun?
A: riding the Ferris Wheel w/ Henry Fussey
116. What do the geese always say when Mr. Zuckerman feeds them?
A: “many, many, many thanks”
117. Getting first dibs on Wilbur’s food, Templeton grew as fat as a…what?
A: a young woodchuck
118. What does the sheep report is the first sign of spring?
A: she hears the frogs!
119. When the baby spiders emerge from the sac, they are ‘no bigger than a grain of…what?; no bigger than the head of a…what?”
A: grain of sand; head of a pin
120. How do Charlotte’s babies leave?
A: by balloon
121. What are the names of Charlotte’s three daughters?
A: Joy; Aranea; Nellie
122. What does garrulous mean?