- Daily Trivia Questions
- Letter Home to Parents
- Reading Schedule
- Daily Trivia Answer Key
- Trivia Contest
- Trivia Contest Answer Key
- Sample Audio File
Daily Trivia Answer Key
1. What is Opal’s full name?
A: India Opal Buloni
2. What did Winn-Dixie do, that Opal had never seen a dog do before, when he first met Opal?
A: He smiled.
3. Who said: “You are a suffering dog.”
4. As a class, see if you can name all 10 things the preacher tells Opal about her Mama. One entry per class. List as many as you can and take your list to the Library. First class to get all 10 wins the prize.
Answers: funny; red hair/freckles; green thumb; fast; couldn’t cook; loved stories; knew the constellations; hated being preacher’s wife; drank; left ’em.
19. As a class, name the 10 things (or as many as you can) that Opal remembers about Winn-Dixie. First class to get a list with all 10 to the principal/library wins the prize.
Answers: afraid of thunderstorms; smiles; runs fast; snores; catches mice w/ no squish; meets people; likes peanut butter; hates being alone; likes couches and beds; goes to church.