We’d love to have you join our community of readers. We’ve helped dozens of schools implement this program and are here to share our resources and expertise with our member schools.
When you do, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Books for all your families and staff
- Instructions on how to plan your One School, One Book month, including suggested timetable and implementation plan
- Reading and school activity materials. Items can vary with each title, but usually include:
- sample letter to parents
- sample reading schedule
- complete trivia bank with answer key
- principal’s talking points
- suggested activities
- song list
- assembly ideas
- Tips on reading aloud, including sample audio files
- Support and assistance from accessible and energetic Read to Them personnel
Here is what to do if you represent an elementary SCHOOL:
Send an e-mail indicating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll receive an introductory packet which will help explain OSOB in more detail. It will also contain resources, sample materials including our recommended Book List, and other documents that will help you explain and showcase OSOB to your colleagues in your school.
Digest the material in the packet, then call One School, One Book Director, Bruce Coffey directly at 804.310.1214. He will help you order books, supply further resources specific to your book selection, help tailor the program to suit your needs, and provide more resources (tips and guides) to sell and explain the program to teachers and parents.
Here is what to do if you represent a school DISTRICT and are interested in implementing ODOB as a DISTRICT:
Send an e-mail indicating your interest to One District, One Book Director, Gary Anderson: email@example.com