We’d love to have you join us. We’ve helped dozens of schools implement this program and are here to share our resources and expertise with our member schools.
Membership in the program includes:
- Books for your entire school family, based on the number of books needed at a reduced cost per book
- Instructions on how to plan your One Book, One School month, including suggested timetable and implementation plan
- Reading and school activity materials. Items can vary with book chosen, but usually include:
- sample letter to parents
- sample reading schedule
- complete trivia bank with answer key
- principal’s talking points
- suggested activities
- song list
- assembly ideas
- Tips on reading aloud, including sample audio files
- Support and assistance from accessible and energetic One Book, One School personnel
Here is what to do if you represent an elementary SCHOOL:
Send an e-mail indicating your interest to One School, One Book Director, Bruce Coffey: email@example.com
He will send you a brief starter packet containing the One School, One Book Recommended Book List, the handy, one-page document, "How to Do One School, One Book in Ten Easy Steps," and some sample resources.
Digest it, then call Bruce directly at 804.310.1214. He will help you order books, supply further resources specific to your book selection, help tailor the program to suit your needs, and provide resources (tips and guides) to sell and explain the program to teachers and parents.
Here is what to do if you represent a school DISTRICT and are interested in implementing OSOB as a DISTRICT:
Send an e-mail indicating your interest to One District, One Book Director, Gary Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out what do do if you represent a LIBRARY.